Re: flex error: bad character: %

From: Jan Ploski <Jan.Ploski_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:44:42 +0100

Rick Grubin wrote:
> Hi Jan
>
>> Mary Haley wrote:
>>> I checked the version of flex on three different systems that we
>>> have, and they are all running a slightly newer version, 3.5.4.
>
>> According to the following Sourceforge page: 2.5.34 is the newest
>> version, which is what I downloaded and compiled.
>
> I think that's a typo, and Mary did indeed mean v2.5.4 Each *nix
> system I've looked at soft-links 'lex' to 'flex' and the version of
> flex running is 2.5.4
>
>> Are you saying that the file ncl.l translates without problems for you
>> and has the same content as mine? I suspected that this may be a
>> generated file and something might have gone wrong during its
>> generation. I don't know the flex syntax, so I couldn't tell by looking.
>
> Please go ahead and email me your 'ncl.' file, and could you please tell
> me the filesize ('ls -l') of your 'ncl.l' file? Thanks.

Rick,

I solved my problem by downgrading flex to 2.5.33 (this is the version
that I had on my Debian system at home). It compiles the file ncl.l
without producing the error messages.

I just did a make clean; make Everything. I will report back if I
encounter other difficulties.

Best regards,
Jan Ploski