Re: multiple definition of `abgcdp' during NCL build

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:31:20 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Slatest, Leonard A wrote:

> Hi. I am installing ncl_ncarg-5.0.0 on the front end node (fen) of our
> Blue Gene/L (SUSE Linux with powerpc chip). I get these messages during
> the build:
>
> : multiple definition of `abgcdp'
>
> : multiple definition of `adgcdp'

> So I'm puzzled by the multiple definition error. I've googled this but
> can't find anyone who has obtained this particular

Hi Leonard,

Thanks for taking the time to put this email together. I think the
multiple definitions of abgcdp are okay in this case, but I will check
with the developers to see if this is redundant, or else if we need to
rename one of the functions. This doesn't have to do with underscores
in this case.

> A second question: I thought the LINUX file that I had constructed (see
> below), derived from templates in the NCL distribution, would do a
> 32-bit build, yet in the build transcript I still see -Dppc64 in some
> spots, e.g. in the following build session excerpt. Why is -Dppc64 being
> used in the build, or is there some reason I shouldn't worry about it? :

It is puzzling as to why you are seeing this macro being set. This
could happen if the Makefiles didn't get remade properly, but if you
are starting with a clean build, then this shouldn't be an issue.

Can you send me your full make-output file, and also attach the LINUX
config file you are using as a separate attachment?

Thanks,

--Mary

> My complete LINUX file appears below. Do you see any changes I should
> make?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Len (slatest_at_bnl.gov)
>

> Here is the complete LINUX file:
>

> *

  * $Id: LINUX.ppc64.xl,v 1.1 2007/10/06 02:05:31 haley Exp $