Re: build ncarg

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:31:05 -0700

Hello Dimitra

> I have built the NCARG from the source code in a x86_64 machine
> using PGI. When I check if all the libraries were built I see that
> some are missing. For instance,
>
> a) at the ncarg/bin/ directory the following libs are missing;
> bin/ctrans
> bin/ezmapdemo
> bin/fcaps
> bin/ictrans
> bin/idt
> bin/med
> bin/ncgmstat
> bin/nnalg
> bin/pre2ncgm
> bin/pre2ncgm.prog
> bin/ras2ccir601
> bin/rascat
> bin/rasgetpal
> bin/rasls
> bin/rassplit
> bin/rasstat
> bin/rasview
> bin/tdpackdemo
>
> b) at the ncarg/include/ directory the following libs are missing;
>
> include/ncarg/ctrans.h
> include/ncarg/ctrans.h
> include/ncarg/ncarg_ras.h
> include/ncarg/zconf.h
> include/ncarg/zlib.h
>
> Do you have in mind what is the possible reason? Is it related to
> my previous post related to HDF (27.02.2008)??

It's very difficult to give a good answer to questions like these
without more information. Could you please provide:

1. output from 'uname -a'
2. any environment variables you may set relating to compilers,
library locations and such
3. your NCAR Graphics configuration file, located in /path/to/NCARG/
src/config
4. output from the 'make Install' command

These bits of information will make it far easier to help solve your
problem. Thanks

----
Rick Grubin NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies