Re: PGI blockdata

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:45:12 -0700

Hi Dimitra

> When Testing if our PGI Fortran compiler does blockdata
> initializations correctly- following the directions in
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml
>
> we got:
>
> TESTSUB: WK = 20...it should be 20
> FORTRAN STOP
>
> When we re-tried with gcc compilers we got
>
> TESTSUB: WK = 20...it should be 20
>
> Is it possible that the source of the problems are related to PGI
> 7.0.7...

You don't mention which of the test Fortran programs generate the
output above, but what you are seeing indicates that
your Fortran compiler (PGI v7.0.7) correctly handles blockdata.

The message "FORTRAN STOP" is harmless -- it is simply the PGI
Fortran compiler letting you know that it encountered
a 'STOP' statement (in the code) upon execution, and is stopping.

For the PGI Fortran compiler, you can either set the environment
variable NO_STOP_MESSAGE (with any value) or
replace the STOP statement with "CALL EXIT"

----
Rick Grubin NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies
grubin_at_ucar.edu 303.497.1832