Re: [ncl-talk] problems installing NCL in ubuntu 7.10

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:04:43 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Rosa,

For future reference, please post installation questions to
just "ncl-install_at_ucar.edu":

[It looks like you used "ncl_install_at_ucar.edu" (note the underscore
instead of a dash).]

Anyway, it sounds like maybe your libgfortran.so.1 was either not
installed correctly, or is in a directory that is non-standard. Did
you try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the
location of this library?

How did you install this library? The correct way is through
installing the gfortran software, and not by trying to copy this one
library to a directory somewhere. Your library soft links may not be
set up correctly if you try to copy the file individually.

If you continue to have problems, then email me separately with
information about your system:

    uname -a
    gfortran --version
    gcc --version