Re: Trouble with ctrans sun raster output x86_64

From: Orion Poplawski <orion_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:12:43 -0600

Mary Haley wrote:

> Orion,
>
> Thanks for the patch. We may have already applied this from another
> user that sent us one, but I'll check.
>
> You would have a similar problem with ictrans, and hence idt; this
> patch should fix both of those. It should also fix potential problems
> with all the ras* tools, if you use these. However, the ras* tools are
> rather out-of-date, so I don't encourage people to use these.

We came across this because we use the following to convert a gmeta file
to a gif:

med -e "1,\$ split \$ tmp" gmeta
ctrans -d sun -record 1 tmp1.ncgm | rasttopnm | ppmtogif > gmeta.1.gif

If you know of a better way, that would be great.

I'm also attaching a patch that attempts to clean up some implicit
declaration warnings. There are still lots more, but this is a start.

Any idea when the next ncl release will be?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion_at_cora.nwra.com