No ncl or ncview executables

From: Applequist Scott Dr Civ 14WS/DOED <Scott.Applequist_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:02:32 -0400

I've just followed the installation from source instructions on
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml. Things seem to
work up to the point of testing the NCL and/or NCAR Graphics
installation. My $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ directory does not contain an ncl
executable. It does, however, contain ng4ex and 46 other files created
in this step, along with those like ncdump and hdfimport installed
earlier. I can't find anything in the 23000+ lines of output of "make
Everything >& make-output &" to indicate a compilation failure. The
ncargex examples work, as do both ctrans and idt.

System info:
Linux 64-bit with PGI compilers. The LINUX.64.PGI gets selected for use
in $NCARG/config/.