Re: ncl-install_librairy error

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:55:50 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Diatta Samo wrote:

> hi ncl_users
> i just begin to use ncl, after installing it with intel fortran (ifort) , i get this error below:
> "ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libg2c.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> can someone help?? or how i can get the libraries ???

Hi,

Did you install NCL from binary or source code? If you installed it
from source code, can you send me the build output?

If you installed from binary, then which binary did you install? It's
possible that you have a new version of the GNU compilers than what
NCL was built with, and hence you will see errors like this.

--Mary