Re: Re: 64-bit NCL Library for Mac Intel

From: Ted Mansell <ted.mansell_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:27:08 -0500

I have compiled the ncarg libraries, at least, in 64-bit on OS X (10.5
with gcc and the fce ifort). You need to fix the blockdata problem,
though, or it won't work with ifort (32 or 64 bit). I have not gone
back to try to get ncl compiled in 64-bit -- there were some issues
with C/Fortran, which I think I know how to fix now -- but it probably
will work, too. The 64-bit libs do work, at least under OS 10.5.

Mary, I know the fix for blockdata on Mac was put into your internal
code, but has that been released?

Best,

-- Ted