ncl install problems on a 2009 Apple laptop

From: Erik Noble <enoble_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 01:17:19 +0800

Hi. I need some help unerstading why I'm getting an error while intalling
NCL on a brand new Apple laptop.New = leopard...etc...etc.
I followed all steps on "Getting started" page.

When I type "ncl" in the command line I get this:
dambadarjaa-ariunzayas-macbook:~ dambadarjaaariunzaya$ ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2007 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:Unable to load System Resource File (null)
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource
directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using
NULL
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource
directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using
NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
Segmentation fault
dambadarjaa-ariunzayas-macbook:~ dambadarjaaariunzaya$

Has anyone encountered this before? I searched the archives- none there.
Could I have a suggestion?
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely, Erik