Re: grib2c library not linking png and jpeg libraries

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 06:40:09 -0700

Hi May,

I think this was a bug in the ymake system for NCL. You
need to link in the PNG library if you enable PNG support
for GRIB2.

To fix this, look at the file $NCARG/config/Project for a
line that starts with "#define GRIB2lib".

Change this line to be:

#define GRIB2lib -lgrib2c -ljasper -lpng -lz

To test if this fix works, type the following:

    cd $NCARG/ni/src/ncl
   make me
   make all install

If this works, then you can finish your NCL/NCAR Graphics
make with:

   cd $NCARG
   make all install >&! make-output-2

I'm using "$NCARG" to represent the top directory of the
NCL/NCAR Graphics source tree.

I'll add this to our troubleshooting guide.

--Mary