Re: NCL install with NetCDF-4 undeclared variable NC_NETCDF4

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:36:21 -0700

Hi Marcin,

If you want classic NetCDF 4 support, then you will need
to build NetCDF 4.x with --enable-netcdf set, and make
sure --disable-netcdf-4 is not set.
Everything else you're doing is correct.

You may also want to look at #6 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#Troubleshooting

With the newer versions of HDF, the "hdf/netcdf.h" include
file doesn't get installed, so you need to remove this
reference from the NCL code.

--Mary