gcfortran vs PGI

From: Sarah Thompson <Sarah.E.Thompson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 12:25:35 -0700

I am a sysadmin and have installed the 5.0 binaries on Redhat 5 for one
of my developers.

 I have run your tests

 ng4ex gsun01n
 ncl gsun01n.ncl
ncargex cpex08

and they all run correctly, although It's looking like they are using
gcfortran.
I have setup environmental variables for FC, F77 and F90 to use PGI
(pgf90, pgf77 etc....) but when I run a script that my developer has
given me to test I get this error right away
gfortran: -lncarg: linker input file unused because linking not done

and then a whole bunch of undefined references to pgf90.
I am in no way a developer, and am really stuck at this point. Is it
not looking at my environment variables? Do I need to tell my developer
to link something in his code? I'm lost. Thanks, Sarah

--
Sarah Thompson