newbie install problem

From: Benjamin Laken <bal22_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 18:08:45 +0100

I am having a problem getting NCL to run, I have installed CYGWIN, and
NCL, and I have changed my .basch file to have the lines included:*

export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

export DISPLAY=:0.0

*(Although I dont have a .cshrc file in my home directory so i have not
added the lines *

 setenv NCARG_ROOT /usr/local
 setenv PATH /usr/local/bin:$PATH

 setenv NCARG_ROOT /usr/local
 set path=($path $NCARG_ROOT/bin) )

*when I attempt to generate the NCL test using... *

cp $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/xyplot/xy04n.ncl .
ncl xy04n.ncl

*I get the following response ...*

NCARG_ROOT: Undefined variable

futhremore when i type 'ncl' in to my x window it loads up with the
following errors -*

warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:Unable to load System Resource File (null)
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App
Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value -
Using NULL
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App
Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value -
Using NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database -
named colors unsupported:[errno=2]
warning:["Palette.c":1527]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid directory
encountered in colormap path specification

*Any ideas how I can fix this and get NCL up and running?

Thanks in advance,
--Ben*