Re: IRIX6.5

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:11:41 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Steven,

I haven't personally tried this, but I have built NCL/NCARG on various
combinations of SGI, Linux, and IRIX systems. So I would think this
should work fine.

The key is to find a decent Fortran and C compiler, and to have the
X11 development libraries installed. You will also need to install a
minimal set of external software, like NetCDF and HDF4.

As for compilers, gcc/gfortran should work fine. I've also used SGI
compilers back when we had some SGIs in-house.

-Mary