Re: Specifying extra flags

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:24:33 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> What is the best way to pass in extra compile and link flags to the ncl
> make process? I had perhaps though EXTRA_CCOPTIONS, EXTRA_CLDFLAGS, but
> they seem to be overridden in some makefiles.

I would do this through the CcOptions line in your configuration
file in the irectory $NCARG/config directory.

For example, if you have a Linux system and you want to add "-ansi"
to the C options, edit the $NCARG/config/LINUX file and add or
change the line:

#define CcOptions -ansi

You will need to run "make Everything" again to make sure all your
Makefiles are regenerated.