Re: Missing libraries upon running NCAR Graphics

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 01 2010 - 08:03:41 MST

On Jan 9, 2010, at 3:07 PM, Rakesh Bisaria wrote:

> NCL Install,
>
> I am running NCL 5.1.1 on Linux i386 platform with gfortran and
> gcc 4.5.0. When I run NCL graphics program “ncargex cpex08,” I
> get the following error:: “error while loading shared libraries:
> libmpfr.so.1:”. When I install libmpfr, it requires the
> following libraries: “ rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 is needed by
> mpfr-2.4.2-1.fc13.i68, rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1 is needed by
> mpfr-2.4.2-1.fc13.i686”. These libraries (FileDigests ,
> PayloadIsXz )are not available anywhere. Can you pl. suggest how
> to resolve this. Thanks for your help. Rakesh Bisaria

Rakesh,

There could be one of two things going on here. First, where did you
get NCL 5.1.1 from? If you didn't get it from the ESG website
(www.earthsystemgrid.org), then that's an installation we don't
support. You may want to check with the folks who did provide that
installation to see if they know what's going on.

If you did get it from the ESG, then the issue might be that you have
GCC V4.5.0. The binaries on the ESG were all built with versions 4.4
or earlier. Usually this shouldn't be an issue, but I haven't tried
GCC V4.5.x, so I can't make any guarantees about it.

Please give me more information about where and how you installed
NCL, and we'll go from there.

Thanks,