Re: Moving NCL installation directory

From: Mateus Teixeira <mateus.teixeira_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Jun 12 2010 - 16:07:30 MDT

Helen,

Can you provide the lines in both new and old .cshrc files?

One alternative is to set NCARG_ROOT and PATH in the /etc/profile or other
general configuration file available in your system. To avoid problems with
different users I usually set these environmental variables in the
/etc/profile of the system.

Mateus

2010/6/12 Helen Parish <hparish@ess.ucla.edu>

> I have been using NCL successfully for a while, with it installed in
> my home (login) directory. I now want to be able to run the code from
> another directory on the same computer.
>
> I have moved the /nc directory to the disk where I want to use the
> code from. In my home directory I have changed the statements in
> the .cshrc file beginning "setenv NCARG_ROOT" and "set path =" , to
> contain the new directory paths.
> However, the command "ncl" is no longer recognised. If I move the /nc
> directory back to its original location and replace the new .cshrc
> with the old one then ncl works again.
>
> Does anyone know if there is something else I need to do in order to
> get ncl working from a new directory ?.
>
> Thanks,
> Helen.

Mateus da Silva Teixeira