Re: no ncl executable with ifort

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 06 2010 - 07:40:50 MDT

Hi Mike,

It looks like you are missing thesystem library that defines the
"__intel_sse2_strlen" symbol.

If you google this symbol, it might help you find which library it is
defined in.

It looks like it might be the "irc" library, so try this:

Edit $NCARG/config/LINUX and add "-lirc" to the end
of your CtoFLibraries line. Save this file.

Cd to $NCARG/ni/src/ncl and type:

    make all install

if this successfully builds the "ncl" executable, then you can cd to
$NCARG and finish the build with:

    make all install >&! make-output.2 &

Where "make-output.2" is whatever file you want.

If the "ncl" executable is not successfully built, then see if you
have a new undefined symbol, and repeat this process.

--Mary