Re: X11 function issues

From: kirstie stramler <spiggygogo_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 18:18:55 MDT

Yay Ted!

Removing the DISPLAY settings did the trick. Yippeee!!

This example works fine: ncl gsun01n.ncl

Not convinced that the NCAR Graphics example worked... does it need to work
or

can weather maps be scripted in NCL these days? I don't need the fronts or
barbs, I just need to overlay 3 or 4 fields - contour map overlays would be
fine. The top example here is encouraging:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/polar.shtml

In either event, thanks for helping me get the engines fired up!!
Kirstie

PS If anybody is interested, I saw here that NCL doesn't do weather maps
(scroll down to the bottom) on an older page:
http://ngwww.ucar.edu/getstarted.html