NCL on Intel Core 2 Quad

From: Dr. Someshwar Das <somesh07_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 10 2010 - 13:14:58 MDT

Hello,

I am trying to run some of the utilities provided for WRF Data Assimilation
tutorial (gen_be_global_evecs.ncl) on a PC Intel Core2 Quad, having LINUX Fidora
9.0 with ifort & icc compilers. Details of the machine specifications are given
at the end. I had installed pre-compiled binary of the NCAR graphics
(ncl_ncarg-5.0.0.Linux_i686_opendap_gcc4.tar.gz). Further, I have installed the
'ncl' today using,

yum -y install ncl

I am getting a silly problem. I am not able to use the command 'ncl'. It gives
the following error message:

ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libdap.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

However, I am able to generate plots based on the NCAR graphics using some of
the other WRF tutorial utilities, such as Map_plot.exe, etc. I am also able to
view the 'gmeta' file generated by the plot utilities by using 'idt'.

I shall appreciate your help to resolve the above error. Thank you.

Regards,
Somesh
Machine specifications: PC
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad, Q6600, 2.4 GHz, 1066 BUS, 8 MB
Motherboard: Intel DG33FB, RAM 4 GB, HDD 400 GB (ID)
Graphics: Intel GMA 3100 With PCI Express X16 Slot
OS: LINUX Fidora 9.0, i686/ IA-32