Re: Problems with installation

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Oct 01 2010 - 09:11:21 MDT

The precompiled NCAR Graphics libraries contain PNG support, so you need to have libpng installed on your system.

You might already have libpng on your system:

 locate libpng

If you find something, you'll need to include a -L option on your NCAR Graphics compile line that points to the location of the libpng file (it might be called libpng.a or libpng.so or something similar).

The instructions can be found here for building PNG from source code:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#PNG

You might also be able to install libpng from an Ubuntu site. Try googling "Ubuntu libpng".

--Mary