Re: libpng14.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

From: Daniel Packman <pack_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Nov 29 2010 - 15:37:36 MST

>> Hi,
>> I am trying to install ncarg version 5.1.1 on a 86X64 fedora 12 machine....

>> Executing <cpex08>...
>> ././cpex08: error while loading shared libraries: libpng14.so.14: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory

If you run "ldd" on cpex08, it will show the external shared libraries
that are found or not within your environment. The "libpng14.so.14"
is apparently not found. But, as you say,

>> .... libpng14.so.14 is in /usr/local/lib. I tried to change path in
>> ncargf7, ncargf90 and ncargcc to include both lib64 and /usr/local/lib but
>> the same problem is repeating. Can any one help me out with this?

Changing the linking path like this will only help for static libraries.
You need to include /usr/local/lib in your "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" or add it
to you /etc/ld.so.conf.d and run ldconfig