NCL error - libcrypto and libssl plus not able to load gsn_code.ncl

From: Khalia Hill <khalia.hill_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 09 2011 - 18:59:57 MST

Hi,

I have tried to install the openDAP enabled version 5.2.1 on my laptop which is running Fedora 11.

I have two problems. The first is I get this error when I start ncl

ncl: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information is available (required by ncl)
ncl: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information is available (required by ncl)

I do have these two libraries, however I have the newer versions - 0.9.8n. I have tried to create a link from libcrypto.so.0.9.8 to the 'n' version which seemed to get rid of these errors for a while but now they have returned. I have also set up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as described on your website.

The second problem is that I'm getting this error when I try to run scripts:

fatal: could not open $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
fatal: error at line 4 in file wrf_Surface.ncl

However the gsn_code.ncl script does exist in that location, the NCARG_ROOT is set and when I start ncl and type in load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl" there is no problem. Do you know when running the script it cannot load the file?

Kind regards,

Khalia Hill