WPS 3.2.1 does not produce plotgrids/plotfmt/anyone have gcc44/gfortran44 compiled NCL 5.2.1

From: Lindenfelser, Greg A (GE Energy, Non-GE) <greg.lindenfelser_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 20 2011 - 08:25:13 MDT

All,

I'm currently using:

* RedHat 5.4 Linux on x86_64 architecture
* Using gcc44 & gfortran44 to compile
* Am currently working on getting WPS 3.2.1 to generate all
executables specified in the ARW Users Guide

My problem is that I cannot seem to get WPS to compile 2 out of the 9
executables (plotfmt.exe or the plotgrids.exe) that are generated by the
./compile step. In the manual, it says "if the plotfmt.exe or the
plotgrids.exe programs are missing, probably the NCAR Graphics path is
set incorrectly", however, if I do `ls $NCARG_ROOT` I get:

bin include
ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.Linux_RedHat_x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz
curr_ver_is_nodap lib

I realize my problem is most likely caused by the fact that I compiled
with gcc44/gfortran44 and the NCL is version 5.2.1 binary install from a
gcc/gfortran compiled install.

Has anyone compiled the full (or even partial) NCL for version 5.X with
gcc44/gfortran44 and perhaps have the binaries for this. If not, does
anyone have a script that builds it out premised upon having the correct
prerequisites? If so, it would be greatly appreciated as I could easily
modify it to suit my needs.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/comments.

Greg Lindenfelser
HPC Support
Assigned to:
GE Infrastructure