Re: version of NCL to use with Mac OS 10.7 (lion) and Xcode 4.1

From: Noble, Erik U. (GSFC)[COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY] <erik.u.noble_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Sep 10 2011 - 07:33:40 MDT

Hi Wendal,
A great source for gfortran, compiled for the latest OSX Lion can be found at the "high performance computing for Mac page
http://hpc.sourceforge.net/
You also have the option of installing gfortran though Macports by installing newer version of GCC with a gfortran variant (i.e. sudo port install gcc45 +gfortran)
NCL 6.0 for Mac OS 10.6_64 will work with this set up. Im using OSX Lion and the precompiled binaries work just fine.

-Erik

Erik Noble
Center for Climate Systems Research, Columbia University
NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
2880 Broadway, New York, NY-10025, USA

Tel: +1 (212) 678-5512; Fax: +1 (212) 678-5552
E-mail: enoble@giss.nasa.gov, en2192@columbia.edu
WEB: http://www.giss.nasa.gov/staff/enoble.html
GISS: http://www.giss.nasa.gov
CCSR: http://www.ccsr.columbia.edu