Building NCL 6.0 on AIX 5.3 Power6 cluster

From: George Vandenberghe <george.vandenberghe_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2012 - 11:53:12 MDT

I am trying to build NCL 6.0 on an IBM P6 cluster since I couldn't
find a binary release. In configure I said no to everything except
GRIB2 and then entered make everything. THis eventually
failed needing "flex" I downloaded and installed a flex suggested
in the NCL build tips. The build got further but eventually
needed "lex" to build ictrans. Lex is not available in AIX. Where
can I get it so I can continue with the build?

I also downloaded and installed yacc but this did not help.