need help in ncl installation

From: jayanti pal <jiban_samudra18_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 29 2013 - 11:32:39 MDT

Dear Sir, I have Ubuntu 12.04 LTS version. I have downloaded NCL from  http://www.earthsystemgrid.org. I have problem in installation . I have downloaded NCL source code. gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3 is installed here. I can't understand the process of setting variable environment. I will be gratefull if you give me a step by step details. I have downloaded file and extract it in  /usr/local/. Then I tried to follow the instruction given in http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml#CompilersNeeded. Thanking You,    Jayanti Pal Junior Research Fellow Department of Atmospheric SCience University Of Calcutta email-jiban_samudra18_at_yahoo.com jayantibright_at_gmail.com