help on NCL Installation

From: D Swain <d_swain_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 05 2013 - 01:43:29 MST

Hello All, Solicit your suggestion on the following. I was trying to install the NCL precompiled binaries for Linux (non-openDap) following the web guidelines. I am using Ubuntu 9.04 OS on a i386 (32-bit) machine with gcc 4.4.3 However, on executing commands like "ncargf90" or "ncargf77", the following appear on the terminal for both: gfortran -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -fno-range-check -O0 -L/usr/local/ncl-4.3.2/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lXext /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status   I have tried with different versions of NCL precompiled binaries as well as installing libx11 but without success. Kindly suggest how to overcome this. P.S. I dont want to go for a full OS upgrade at this point of time. thanks in advance. best regards, D. Swain