Re: gsnPanelLabelBar

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 01:02:00 MDT

> Dear NCL users:
>
> Just wondering if the anyone has experienced trouble using
> gsnPanelLabelBar when performing a panel plot ? I recently
> upgraded my version of NCL from 4.2.0.a014 to 4.2.0.a018,
> and now I am experiencing the following errors when
> trying to a panel plot using gsnPanelLabelBar;
>
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2967 in file
> /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
>
> fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3163 in file
> /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl
>
> If I do not use gsnPanelLabelBar, the panel plot comes
> out fine I just do not have my label bar. Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated. I can forward a script of
> resources if needed.
>
> Thank you,
> Matt
> matthew.fearon AT yale.edu

After some investigation to this problem, it was determined that Matt
needed to upgrade his version of NCL, which included new versions of
the "gsn_code.ncl" and "gsn_csm.ncl" scripts. You can get the latest
version (4.2.0.a019) from:

   http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/download.html

The gsn_code.ncl and gsn_csm.ncl scripts are in the directory
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm, along with some other scripts that
contain specialized CSM functions.

For more information on these specialized functions, see:

   http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Document/contrib.shtml
   http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Document/sheaUtil.shtml
   http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Document/ccm_func.shtml

--Mary