Re: vector plot problem

From: Mary Haley (haley@XXXXXX)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 17:07:08 MDT

> Dear NCL users:
>
> I encountered a weird scaling problem with Y axis when trying to
> do a vector (longitude height) plot. The trouble seems to be linked
> to the vfYarray, as when I use this resource to label my Y axis,
> a large scaling of the Y axis occurs and my plotted wind vectors
> are squished down incorrectly. I attached my script below. Has
> anyone had a Y axis scaling problem when doing a vector plot
> using vfYArray ?
>
> Thank you,
> Matt

> cvvvv!1="Height"
> cvvvv&Height=clevels
> cvvvv!2="Lat"
> cvvvv&Lat=clat(:,100)
>
> cwwww!1="Height"
> cwwww&Height=clevels
> cwwww!2="Lat"
> cwwww&Lat=clat(:,100)

Matt,

Since you have already taken the time to set up your coordinate arrays
as in your code snippet above, you shouldn't need to set vfXArray or
vfYArray. The gsn_csm_vector routine will check to see if your
coordinate arrays are set, and if so, it will use them to create the
axes for the plot.

Try commenting out:

 res@vfXArray = clat(30:190:10,100)
 res@vfYArray = clevels