Re: Labelbar Problem

From: Mary Haley (haley@XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 08:55:01 MST

> Hi All,
>
> I recently noticed (since the installation of Version 4.2.0.a022) that
> my labelbar label strings no longer appear beside every label box, as
> they did before. I have tried decreasing the font size using
> "lbLabelFontHeightF", and that helps, but I have to decrease the font
> size to such a point that the label strings become difficult to read.
>
> Is there another way around this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Persaram Batra
> EMS Environment Institute
> Pennsylvania State University

Dear Persaram and others,

The problem with the labelbar labels only appearing for every other
label box is actually a feature that was introduced into the latest
version of NCL. The software attempts to determine if the labelbar
labels are overlapping (or close to overlapping), and if so, it
automatically changes the labelbar stride to fix this.

We realize we should not change the default behavior of the software,
however, so this feature will be removed in the next release, and will
instead be controllable via a resource setting.

For now, if you have version a022, you can get around this problem by
setting the resource "lbCullLabelOverlaps" to False. In the next
release, this resource name will be changed to "lbLabelAutoStride",
but hopefully you won't need to worry about it by then.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me email at
haley@ucar.edu. I will try to have a new version out soon (a week or
two).

Cheers,

--Mary