Question regarding libnclapi.a library

From: Eric M. Kemp (ekemp AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 16:13:44 MST

Hello,

According to one of the NCL Web pages (specifically,
http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/ref/ncl/NclApi.html), it is possible
for a program to call NCL by using several functions and the special NCL
library "libnclapi.a". According to the Web page, libnclapi.a should be
located "in the same directory that NCAR Graphics is installed in";
unfortunately, I have not been able to find this file on any of the
computers I have access to that have NCL and NCAR Graphics installed.
Since the Web page is dated June 1998, I suspect that the NCL download
policy has changed and this library is no longer included in the tar file.
Is libnclapi.a still available?

Curious,

-Eric

Eric M. Kemp E-Mail: ekemp AT ou.edu
Research Scientist Phone: (405) 325-7992
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms FAX: (405) 325-7614
The University of Oklahoma http://caps.ou.edu/~ekemp