Re: ncrcat

From: Qiaozhen Mu (qiaozhen AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 09:50:58 MST

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your email. I have got the newT.nc from your machine. The first month
is 1978.5, the last month is 1997.12. Now I want to calculate the climatology
during 1979.1 through 1997.12 and I want to calculate the average of every three
months(to calculate the seasonal value). How can I use ncea, ncra, or ncwa to
calculate them? I don't want to use clmMonTLLL in NCL to do this. I have used it
for the 1-level fields. But I can't do this for the 18-level fields. I have
tried to use combine.ncl2 you have sent to me to do the work you have done on
your machine for me. But

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
 Copyright (C) 1995-2001 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 4.2.0.a021
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/ for more details.
(0) ===================================================
(0) ======> Begin: Thu Apr 4 10:43:00 CST 2002 <======
(0) ===================================================

Variable: fils
Type: string
Total Size: 8 bytes
            2 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [2]
Coordinates:
(0) ./T.nc
(1) ./T1.nc
fatal:NclMalloc Failed:[errno=11]:Resource temporarily unavailable
fatal:_NclBuildConcatArray : Memory allocation failure

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2669 in file
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl

fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 14
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

So due to the small memory of my machine, I can't do such work using NCL, I have
to use NCO. Can you tell me how to use ncea, ncra, or ncwa to calculate the
climatology or seasonal average? Thanks.

Best regards,
Qiaozhen
*The University of Texas at Austin *
*Institute for Geophysics *