External function name with underscore ( _ ) on LINUX (ia32)

From: Boonlert Archevarahuprok (ibooprok AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 19:57:49 MDT

    Dear Sir.

    I am trying to use the external function on the LINUX (ia32) platform, the external function name has the underscore is not working.

    1. My example external function test.f

    C NCLFORTSTART
          SUBROUTINE compute_one(N,X,Y,Z)
          REAL X(N),Y(N),Z(N)
    C NCLEND
    C  Calculate
          DO 10 I=1,N
            Z(I) = X(I)+Y(I)
       10 CONTINUE
          RETURN
          END

    2. Create the test.so with  WRAPIT test.f

    3. use external in the ncl, then the error is

     Copyright (C) 1995-2002 - All Rights Reserved
     NCAR Command Language Version 4.2.0.a024
     The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
     See http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/ for more details.
    ncl 0> external TEST "./test.so"
    warning:An error occurred loading the external file ./test.so, file not loaded
    ./test.so: undefined symbol: compute_one_
    ncl 1>

    4. If the external function name is not the underscore (computeone)  the NCL is fine.

    How to fix this?

    With best regards

    Boonlert  Archevarahuprok