User interaction

From: ENOMOTO Takeshi (enomoto.takeshi AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 23:47:11 MDT

Hello,

I have still another question.

Does ncl have an equivalent of getarg()?
If not, how scripts are written to have user interaction?
In many cases, same scripts may be used just by changing
filename, variable name, levels to plot etc
so I wish to use read command line arguments.

What I have done is to write a procedure and use it in ncl's
interactive mode.
This is not a solution for, say, cgi applications.

I would appreciate any help or comments. Thanks.

-----
ENOMOTO, Takeshi, Dr
enomoto.takeshi AT nasda.go.jp
Frontier Research System for Global Change
3173-25, Showamachi, Kanazawa-ku,
Yokohama, 236-0001, Kanagawa, Nippon (Japan)
TEL: +81-45-778-5621, FAX: +81-45-778-5496