center of 1deg x 1deg cell

From: Heiko Klein (Heiko.Klein AT XXXXXX)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 03:26:18 MDT

Hi,

I'm plotting grids-cells over maps using gsn_csm_contour_map and
RasterModeOn. Now, we had some diskussions in our group about where the
center of a grid-cell should lie.

I.e. when I have a 1degx1deg cell (60N 70W), is it then the cell going
from 59.5N to 60.5N, and 69.5W to 70.5W
or 60N to 61N and 70W to 71W
or something completely different.

And I've read here about a future possibility to plot rectangular grids
over maps. What will there be the definition of a grid-cell?

And the longer I think about it, the more complicated it becomes. How
does gsn_csm_contour_map determine the size of a cell? When plotting, I
allways assumed 1x1 degree, but our map may shrink in future to 0.5x0.5
degree. Will it plot a value until a new value is given?

Yours,

Heiko