segmentation fault

From: Keith Oleson (oleson AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 13:52:20 MDT

I have an ncl routine that runs through to near the end and crashes with
a "segmentation fault". I've narrowed down the cause to the following.
When I add the following simple do loop structure at the end of the program,
the complete program finishes successfully.

do ar = 0,ncell-1
  print((/ar/))
end do

However, if I add an internal do loop, the program crashes with a segmentation
fault. No prints of either "ar" or "v" occur.

do ar = 0,ncell-1
  do v = 0,4
    print((/ar/))
    print((/v/))
  end do
end do

So basically I've removed all of my code within the do loops to try to
isolate the problem. I have other double do loop structures within the code
that work fine.
Am I running up against some sort of system limitation? Could these loops be
in conflict with something else in the program somehow? How could I
troubleshoot this further?

Thanks for the help,

 Keith

Keith Oleson oleson AT ucar.edu
Terrestrial Sciences Section Work Phone: 303-497-1332
Climate and Global Dynamics Division Fax: 303-497-1695
National Center for Atmospheric Research Express mail: NCAR
P.O. Box 3000 1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO 80307 Boulder, CO 80305