Plotting grid on map without long-lat coordinates

From: Heiko Klein (Heiko.Klein AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 01:11:58 MDT

Hi,

I would like to plot a grid over a map. I managed to do so as long as I
had a longitude latitude grid and could use gsn_csm_contour_map and
cnRasterModeOn = "True".

Now I have data in grid cells of 50km x 50km which should be plotted on a
stereographic projection (about all of Europe). In addition to the size
of the cells, I know the position of the northpole in coordinates of the
grid.

I guess, I have now to plot the contour (grid) and the map separately,
but on the same wks. My problem are now:

How do I fix the position of the grid-northpole to the map, even when
this is outside the viewport?

How do I determine the size of the map?

I hope I can get some hints or maybe somebody has an example. To make it
a bit more specific, here is picture how this should look like:
http://www.emep.int/grid/grid50.pdf
(And the definition of the map projection:
  resources@mpProjection = "Stereographic" ; Change the map projection.
  resources@mpCenterLonF = -30
  resources@mpCenterLatF = 90
)