Re: Plotting grid on map without long-lat coordinates

From: Heiko Klein (Heiko.Klein AT XXXXXX)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 11:39:52 MDT

    Hi,

    thanks for your answer. Though both of you weren't sure, what I wanted,
    you got the point. I want to plot a native stereographic projection as
    described in
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/native.shtml .

    This page is a great help, but I struggle now with exactly the problem
    which is mentioned on the web-page:

     For this grid, you must set the center lat (-90 or 90) and center lon,
     sometimes referred to as the "orientation". A common way that these
     grids are described is to give the orientation, the delta X and delta Y
     at some arbitrary latitude and the coordinates of the pole in integer
     grid coordinates. Coming up with corner lat/lons is difficult when this
     is the only information provided.

    And I have exactly this kind of data.

    Having thought now a while about it, I remembered, that I have some time
    ago written a program, which translates my grid-points to
    long-lat. I hope this will help me further.

    Regards,

    Heiko