weird memory bug in NCL may be fixed

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 17:15:19 MST

    NCL users,

    Good news: some of you have reported problems to us that NCL would
    core dump on your larger scripts. We think we have found and fixed
    this problem.

    If anybody has a large NCL script that currently core dumps, and you
    think it's due to an NCL memory problem, then let me know (via
    haley AT ucar.edu) what kind of system you have, and I will provide you
    with a new NCL binary to try.

    Some of you may have seen this memory problem manifest itself by
    claiming that a variable was undefined, when it very clearly was.