histograms, data comparison

From: Heiko Klein (Heiko.Klein AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 08:53:14 MST

Hi,

I would like to plot histograms and other types of charts in ncl to
compare data. Until know, I only found the histogram and barchart
examples of GSUN and CSM, but they allow only limited data-comparison
features. On the one hand, I would like to be able to plot more than to
datasets, on the other hand, I would like to plot the data not only
behind each others, but also really beside each other or on top of each
other, i.e.

        a b
        ab ab
        ab abc
        abc abc
        abc abc

or
        b c
        b c c
        a b b
        a b b
        a a b

where a b c are my datasets.

I know, this functionality is more likely to be found in business
application or EXCEL. But I like to do those on a scripting basis, and
I need NCL already for several other plots.

Regards,

Heiko