Questions to transfer grib file to netCDF file

From: Yan Gu (gu AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 14:50:15 MST

Dear NCL users,

We are using ncl to convert grib files to netCDF files.

Most of them are fine. However, there is something wrong with variable u
and v, which stand for U_GWD_98_SFC_113 and V_GWD_98_SFC_113 in the netCDF
files created by ncl. For example, the min value of U_GWD_98_SFC_113 is
-1.29106 in the netCDF file created by ncl. While, in the original grib
file, we know it is -12.14 (by using gribdump). Would you please tell me
what caused this problem and how to fix it? I appreciate your help.

Yan