reversing the legend

From: Joshua Hacker (hacker AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 16:21:26 MST

Hi there -

It seems that legends in an XY plot are in a reverse order from what I would call intuitive. That is, the 0th Y datum "vector" is the last legend item while the Nth Y datum is the first. For example, if I use:

Y = some 2-D array with the first dimension 3
res@xyExplicitLegendLabels = (/"0","1","2"/)
res@xyDashPatterns = (/0,1,2/)
plot = gsn_xy(wks,Xaxis,Y,res)

then the datum Y(0,:) is plotted with a solid line and label "0", but it is the last item in the legend whereas I want it to be the first.

This can of course be avoided by just reversing everything, but that's a pain in the neck. I feel I am missing something easy here, but does anyone know of an easy way to reverse the legend?

Cheers,
Josh

--
Joshua Hacker