Vorticity

From: Dave Flory (flory AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 08:09:38 MDT

    ncl users:

    Does anyone know of a function or procedure to calculate vorticity for
    data on a lambert conformal grid? It seems uv2vrG, uv2vrF, uv2vrg, and
    uv2vrf are for global grids. I was encouraged to find uv2vr_cfd, but it
    seems to apply to a regular latitude/longitude grid where the grid points
    for a given latitude (longitude) all lie on the same longitude
    (latitude) circle. Data on a lambert conformal grid doesn't match that
    criteria.

    Dave

    P.S.- I tried to search for this topic in the ncl-talk archives, but it
    seems they are still broken.

    David M. Flory           **   "It's not the time you put in, but what you
    Graduate student (Ph.D.) **    put in the time."
    Physics / Geological  &  **                -Unknown
    Atmospheric Science      **
    Iowa State University    **   "A cynic is a person who looks down at those
    flory AT iastate.edu        **   above."
                             **                -Source: fortune cookie