Reading GRIB using addfiles_GetVar

From: Maurice McHugh (mmchug4 AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 08:39:02 MDT

    Hi all-

    I'm using the latest version of NCL and I have run into a problem using an
    old script which reads in 50-odd grib files, extracts a specific variable,
    and writes the data to a .nc file.

    The error messages are pasted below and pertain to the line in which
    "addfiles_GetVar" is used.

    Interestingly, I can read in the same variable from an individual file
    using "addfile" and all seems OK as no error messages are produced. I have
    used this same script successfully in the past using an earlier version of
    NCL -- whichever was the most up-to-date last March/April.

     Copyright (C) 1995-2003 - All Rights Reserved
     NCAR Command Language Version 4.2.0.a030
     The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
     See http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl/ for more details.
    warning:NclGRIB: Detected incomplete record, skipping record
    fatal:Premature end-of-file, file appears to be truncated
    fatal:Premature end-of-file, file appears to be truncated
    warning:NclGRIB: Detected incomplete record, skipping record

    <SNIP>

    fatal:Either file (tmp_list_var_213) isn't defined or variable
    (initial_time6) is not a variable in the file
    fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 3412 in file
    /var/data/mmchugh/NCL/functions/contributed.ncl

    fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 34 in file read.rest.ncl

    Thanks!

    --
    Maurice J. McHugh, Ph.D.

    Department of Geography and Anthropology 227 Howe Russell Geoscience Complex Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, LA USA