Re: Problems with wind_rose

From: Sylvia Murphy (murphys AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 09:26:45 MDT

    Hi Bora!

    You have simple problem. You need a .hluresfile in the home directory of
    the computer you are running NCL on. You can download and learn about
    .hluresfiles at:

    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/NCL/setupGraphics.shtml

    Here are some links that you may also find useful:
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/debug.shtml
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/Document/flash.shtml
    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/NCL/mini-refman.shtml

    I am indeed a person you can contact with any NCL questions. You
    may also wish to join ncl-talk, an email help list:
    http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ncl-talk/

    are you the only one at Univ of Belgrade using NCL? How did you hear about
    us. What are you using NCL for? These are important questions for us.

    thanks,

    sylvia

    On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Rajkovic Borivoj wrote:

    > Dear Sylvy,
    >
    > My name is Bora Rajkovic. I teach at the BElgrade Univ.
    >
    > I have tried to produce wind_rose plot using NCL
    >
    > and couldn't do it.a Script rose_1.ncl I copied frm
    >
    > ncar's site.
    >
    > A grad student from UCLA gave me your name as a persom that
    >
    > can be bothered with problems from ncar graphics.
    >
    > IF( true )
    > Here is my problem. Whith the comand
    >
    > ncl rose_1.ncl
    >
    > I got
    >
    > PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 16 (a) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
    > .
    > .
    > PLCHHQ - CHARACTER NUMBER 19 (c) IS NOT A LEGAL FUNCTION CODE
    >

    > ELSE
    > sorry bothering you
    >
    > ENDIF
    >
    > Thank's Bora

    > Borivoj Rajkovi\' c Tel.(w): + 381 11 62 58 31
    > Collage of Physics Fax1 : + 381 11 3282 619
    > Dept. of Meteorology web: www.ff.bg.ac.yu
    > Dobracina 16 Tel.(h): + 381 11 65 33 32
    > 11000 Belgrade, Ygoslavia E-mail : bora AT afrodita.rcub.bg.ac.yu

    Sylvia Murphy EML: murphys AT ucar.edu
    NCAR CGD/CAS PHN: 303-497-1720
    3080 Center Green Drive FAX: 303-497-1333
    Boulder CO 80301

    WEB: http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/
         http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/csm/support/CSM_Graphics/