Re: is a dods-enabled new version of NCL available?

From: Mary Haley (haley AT XXXXXX)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 14:08:14 MST

    > Dear Mary, and ncl development team,
    >
    > thank you for your continued efforts at improving NCL!
    >

    > i've been using a dods-enabled version of ncl for some time now.
    > (it was provided to IRI/Columbia Univ by Dave Brown).
    > i love the way i can read data from remote locations, just by pasting the
    > correct URL in the 'addfile' command!
    > (only problem is when the URL is too long...)
    >
    > is the new version of ncl just released dods-enabled?
    >
    > if not, will a dods-enabled become available soon?
    >
    > i would be very much looking forward to that, to take advantage of all the
    > improvements ;-)
    >
    > best, alessandra

    Dear Alessandra and others interested in DODs-enabled NCL,

    Creating a permanent DODs-enabled version of NCL is high on our list.
    Since we support several different systems, we want to try getting it
    to work for all systems before making it publicly available.

    Alessandra, if you want to contact me via personal email and let me
    know what system you are running on, I can try to get you a
    DODS-version of NCL.