Re: contours, vectors and topography on one plot

From: Adam Phillips (asphilli AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 07:20:21 MST

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am trying to produce a polar stereographic plot of vectors plus scalar
    >plus shaded topography... I tried using
    >
    >gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_polar (wind vectors colored by the scalar field)
    >
    >then
    >gsn_csm_contour
    >ColorShadeLeGeContour
    >
    >and finally
    >overlay
    >
    >But the result has the shaded topography blocking the wind/scalar
    >fields. Has anybody tried this or something similar successfully?

    Andres,

    Just to make sure, you have set gsnDraw = False in the vector/scalar resources,
    right? Assuming you have, you might try setting cnFillDrawOrder = "PreDraw"
    under the shaded topography resources. (Or, you can set cnLineDrawOrder =
    "PostDraw" and vcVectorDrawOrder = "PostDraw" under the vector/scalar
    resources.)

    The other option I would try would be to manually shade the topography using
    cnFillColors, and draw the topography with the vector field using
    gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_polar. Then I would draw the scalar field with
    gsn_csm_contour and overlay....

    Let us know if neither of these work...
    Adam