Re: Request for info/survey: Linux distributions

From: Derrick Snowden (Derrick.Snowden AT XXXXXX)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 12:20:58 MST

All,

Regarding the Fedora/Red Hat choice, my sysadmin is taking a wait and
see approach. About four of us have converted to Fedora, and with few
exceptions, haven't experienced any problems. It is difficult to
foresee if that will remain the case. You can imagine sometime down the
line, that the opinions/styles/goals of the Fedora core development team
may change from the Red Hat Enterprise team. Until that happens, what
seems most likely is that we will use Fedora on workstations and some
form of RH Enterprise on file servers and database machines.

Incidentally, I've been using NCL on Fedora for a couple of months and
have seen no problems. I simply copied over my binaries from my rh9.0
partition.

Best,
Derrick Snowden